Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, H.R. 2831, S. 1843 (110th Congress)



Lilly Ledbetter is a woman from Alabama who for two decades got paid less than her male counter parts in the same job. Now the Congress for the last few years has been kicking around the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. For which I hope passes...
Here once again lies the problem, we have NOW, Women's Law Center, just to name a few. These organizations raise millions of dollars of your money, with this Fair Pay Act you would think they would be spending this money in the media trying to get women involved to get the word out for them to call their legislature. “Nope” on the eve of the vote they now reach out to members to mobilize.
Why I ask you do we support these inept groups, they have dropped the ball time and time again. This is why Alice Paul started her own group, and thank the stars she did or it probably would have been thirty or fifty more years, women would have fought to get the right to vote...
I say we get on the horn contact every representative we know that if they do not do all in their power to get this past we will see them ousted out of their job period.
I say we send Now, and any other women's groups we can think of that has been around for more than a year and has raised more than a few million in a year. Send them the Alice Paul salute, boot them like the National American Women's Suffragettes Movement, or else we will never see the ERA come to fruition. Send these organization one line “I am not waiting fifty years and you do not represent me anymore”, I will be avenge or I will support the first Alice Paul that comes along...
Sincerely Je'Amour P. Matthews ( Betty or Red Truck )
Democracy In Suffrage
D.I.S
http://democracyinsuffrage.blogspot.com
I must add to this look at the picture, this is Lilly Ledbetter with Obama who gave Hillary Clinton the finger, the brush off, and slung more sexist assaults not only on her but also Governor Sarah Palin. Obama paid his female Senate staff less than the men, how could he possibly support this?Remember how is this man going to support human rights when his wife sat a board of a food company who main work force was illegals...
I got confirmation that Congressman Jason Altmire supported the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. You can contact Congressman Jason Altmire at;
Washington, D.C. Office
332 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202-225-2565
202-226-2274(fax)
I called Congressman Mike Doyle office in D.C. I got confirmation he is supporting this...
Washington, D.C. Office:
401 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-2135
Fax: 202-225-3084
I called Senator Robert Casey Jr. office; I got the run around, I understand Robert Casey is a co-sponsor of this piece of Legislation (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act), but I wonder then why he never supported Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton bid for President? Please contact Senator Robert Casey office because they say they hear not from supporters of this legislation, and let him know you are a concerned citizen and looking for defenders of Women's rights, and the ERA...
Washington D.C.
383 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-6324
Toll Free: (866) 802-2833
Fax: (202) 228-0604
I called Senator Arlen Specter office, I got more of the run around it seems no one calls these offices enough. Senator Arlene Specter is not a co sponsor of this Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and he will not say one way or another if he would support it. I urge everyone to call these Senators offices, do not get put off when they ask you to email their offices because they get ignored, demand to know why he will not sponsor or support the bill? Give them your info who you are because you live in Pennsylvania, and a constituent.
Washington DC
711 Hart Building
Washington , DC 20510
Main: 202-224-4254
Fax: 202-228-1229

No comments: