Monday, October 13, 2008

Council Woman Lafer at it again...


A letter sent to Council Woman Theresa Lafer, I have heard from many who were not so please of the Slanderous correspondence from some of the State College Pennsylvania Government, This letter was passed on to me...

At 01:47 PM 10/10/2008, you wrote:
Dear Sirs and Madams: I write to you today as a concerned Pennsylvania citizen, voter, daughter of Italian immigrants, successful small business owner, wife, mother and Catholic. I am deeply saddened by the response of some members of the city and their attempts to wrongfully accuse me and other women of racism, sexism or stupidity for attending a march within the city limits. Never before in all the years of my life have I been called racist, sexist or stupid for wanting to voice my opinion and values against a presidential candidate. Never before have I been harassed and defamed because I choose to vote for a candidate that best shares my views. Never before have I been "flipped off" while driving with my young daughter because I have an opposing candidate's sticker on my car and the other person has an Obama sticker. Never before have I had vandalism to my house because I have an opposing candidate's sign in my yard (I have gone through 5 since August). Never before have I actually harbored some fear for the safety of my daughter, family, and personal belongings because I voice my support for the opposing candidate. Never before have I seen such lack of respect for others' rights to voice their opinions. It is because of the actions and accusations of Obama supporters, such as Ms. Lafare, that empowers McCain supporters nationwide to transcend pettiness and false accusations and unite together to fight for their Constitutional rights as citizens of the greatest nation on earth, the United States of America. Forty-five years ago a great, inspiring, God-fearing man said "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." It is not the color of his skin that drives my decision, rather the content of his character. It is because of character and policies I will not vote for Obama. My values, principles and vision for America are the main reasons for my voting. Alas, Senator Obama does not share in any of my values, pride for America, taxation policies, health care reform, foreign policy, abortion, 2nd Amendment rights, energy independence or all around experience requirement for the next President of the USA. I consider myself to be a very intelligent and an informed voter. I make it a point to thoroughly research the candidates. Through my endeavors I have found far too many facts, backed by candidate quotes, character and judgment issues as well as voting records, to entrust my young daughter's future, prosperity, freedom and well-being to Junior Senator Obama. It is because of this knowledge and fact finding that I have decided to cast my vote for Senator McCain. I find it my civic duty and right to express my views and fact based knowledge to those undecided voters who have not research the candidates as thoroughly as me. That is why I will attend the march within your city limits with my young daughter beside me. In God I trust that as long as I have breath in my lungs and blood in my veins, I will exercise every right granted to me and other citizens by our Founding Fathers in the Constitution. It was in this great Keystone State of Pennsylvania great, patriotic men gathered and decided the future of American citizens for years, decades and centuries to come. To this day, it will be great and patriotic citizens that will decide how to maintain the freedoms and liberties we enjoy so much for the generations to come. "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. "-Ronald Reagan Respectfully, Christina A R. CAR Auto Consulting - owner Brackenridge, PA






Council Woman Theresa Lafer

(Response)



-----Original Message-----From: tdl2 [mailto:tdl2@psu.edu] Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 2:37 PMTo: Christina R. Subject: Re: Concerned resident

Ms. R. ,For goodness sake get off your high horse and ask what really happened. First: What part of 7 votes FOR and 0 votes AGAINST the march is denying anyone their right to speech? thought? or political activism?Second: My vote for this permit does not simultaneously require my agreement and it certainly does not constrain me from using my First Amendment rights to state my opinion. Political Freedom (your words below) cuts both ways.Thirdly: I wrote to Ms. Matthews in a private response. I addressed it only to her. I did not attack her beliefs publicly as you have done mine in the diatribe below. I did not attack her at all. I did attack her ideas privately. Her putting it up on the website and copying it to her friends (and my colleagues) was 1) a clear breach of confidence, 2) an outright attempt at intimidation (as most of the responses, like this one, have been) and 3) entirely unethical. Censorship was not done by me. Discussion, debate, disagreement were. Your objections are as misplaced as is her inflammatory blog. She has shamelessly manipulated her friends. You and her other jump-on-the-bandwagon attack friends should do your homework first and attacklater. If, in fact you have any interest in the political discourse we had please let me know. Otherwise this too is a private email and should it appearin public will simply show me that all your rhetoric aside you too have no sense of values, fair play or honesty.


Christina Response to that...


Ms. Lafare,

"If, in fact you have any interest in the political discourse we had please let me know. Otherwise this too is a private email and should it appear in public will simply show me that all your rhetoric aside you too have no sense of values, fair play or honesty." Must I remind you that as a representative of the people your views, words and actions are subservient to those you represent; therefore, any attempts to make public your views and words for constituents to see and judge for themselves is completely justifiable and transparent at best. I especially enjoy your intimidation tactic of putting my "values" and "honesty" into play as it is your utter lack of honesty to your constituents that is "fair play". You then have the audacity to accuse me of the same tactic in which you employ. I do not see intimidation in my letter, rather the views of a country-loving American in which your path has never before crossed. If you consider patriotism, fighting for American rights for generations to come both at home and abroad, having a "mother's love" for America and a deep pride and respect for those who shaped our nation as being on a "high horse", I mount that horse with pride and will wear that badge with honor.
I also find that the ideas you attack are the same ideas in which I share. As quoted by you "I find your political stance to be unbelievably short sighted at best, and perhaps bigoted at worst". Let us look at the word bigoted as defined in Merriam Webster's: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. Let us now look at "So, either you chose women based on their reproductive organs only; or you won't vote for a non-white no matter his abilities and potential." Upon examination the context of that sentence once again reiterates the first quote of idealistic bigotry and racism, adding racist acts of not voting for non whites and also throws in an accusation of actions and an idealism supporting sexism. Now we shall examine the third and final quote "She [Susan B. Anthony] worked hard to prove our intelligence, you fight to prove her wrong. How sad." That quote does not attack ideas but attacks actions with regard to suffrage; henceforth accusing the female suffragist of unintelligent (synonym: Stupid) actions. Please show me in the context of your quotes where it is wrong to accuse you of calling non Obama supporters racist, sexist and/or stupid.

I have no qualms with your disagreement regarding our permit and the ideas behind them; however, personally attacking them and belittling our ideas shows to your character and lack thereof. Everyone disagrees when it comes to politics, we choose to voice our disagreements in a polite and non demeaning manner as our level of integrity and respect for opinions surpasses those held by yourself and many other Obama supporters I have come across. My letter expressed the various levels of hatred, intolerance, malicious acts and false accusations I have endured by various Obama supporters and your words unfortunately will not be the last that I will come across as a McCain supporter. I believe in your right to voice your opinion and as you suggest debate them although I choose to do so in a respectful manner without defaming and demeaning by name calling and false accusations of bigotry.

I consider this matter to be closed and any reply sent will fall upon deaf ears. Good luck to you in your bid for re-election and Godspeed.

God bless America and those who fight for our freedoms.

Respectfully,

Christina A R.

1 comment:

Virginia Harris said...

Can you even imagine being a woman and not being able to vote?

Thanks to the suffragettes, America has women voters and women candidates, and we are a better country for it!

Women have voices and choices! Just like men.

But few people know ALL of the suffering that our suffragettes had to go through to get the vote for women, and what life was REALLY like for women before they did.

Now you can subscribe FREE to an exciting e-mail series that goes behind the scenes in the lives of eight of the world's most famous women to reveal the shocking and sometimes heartbreaking truth of HOW women won the vote.

Discover how the cross-currents created by two beautiful and powerful suffragettes, a First Lady, a First Daughter, author Edith Wharton, dancer Isadora Duncan and two presidential mistresses set the stage for women to FINALLY win the vote.

Thrilling, dramatic, sequential short story e-mail episodes have readers from all over the world raving about the original historical series, "The Privilege of Voting."

Read this FREE e-mail series on your coffeebreaks and fall in love with these amazing women!

Subscribe free at

www.CoffeebreakReaders.com/subscribe.html